Saturday, 14 April 2018
Location: Elgin County N 42 36.026 W 81 36.118
On the east side of Graham Street, in front of the West Elgin Arena.
This memorial was erected in 1967 by the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 221on behalf of the citizens of West Lorne and East Aldborough. The red marble stele features a stylized form of two angels and a cross. The Honour Roll of names of the men from these communities who died in the two World Wars are engraved in the stone.
LEST WE FORGET
1914 - 1918
L. BOLE M.C.
1939 - 1945
IN GRATEFUL MEMORY OF
THE MEN OF WEST LORNE AND EAST ALDBOROUGH
WHO GAVE THEIR TOMORROW FOR OUR TODAY.
AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN, AND
IN THE MORNING WE SHALL REMEMBER THEM.
ERECTED BY THE CITIZENS OF THE ABOVE TWO COMMUNITIES 1967