Location: Nipissing District N 45 29.678 W 78 14.426
On the west side of Highway 60, at Galeairy Lake Road.
A beautiful setting along the shores of Galeairy Lake, sits a small veteran's park with a stone cairn and an artillery piece.
The stone cairn recognizes the local men lost in World War II. Six names appear on the plaque, forever remembered in this small village near the east gate of Algonquin Park.
The artillery piece is a 155mm, made in Sorel, Quebec in 1955.
This memorial is a fine tribute to the memory the men from Whitney, and holds a prominent position in the small village, easily visible to the hundreds of tourists that pass by here on a warm summer day.
1939 - 1945