Sunday, 22 January 2012
Location: N 42° 53.958 W 079° 15.137 In a small park on the south-east corner of Main Street and King Street, in Port Colborne.
Erected by the Village of Humberstone (now Port Colborne), this memorial is dedicated to the local war dead of the First and Second World Wars and to the veterans of the Korean War. In 1952, a new plaque was installed on the Cenotaph in the northern section of Port Colborne to honour the names of those killed in the two World Wars, from the former Humberstone Village.
OUR HEROIC DEAD
TO THE HONOUR AND MEMORY OF THE MEN OF THE
VILLAGE OF HUMBERSTONE WHO GAVE UP THEIR
LIVES WHILE SERVING KING AND COUNTRY
1914 - 1918
"Greater Love Hath No Man Than This, That A Man By Down
His Life For His Friends."